Subject: Re: 69030 Dual HiQVideo Support on MIPS arch
To: anand lalgondar <anandlalgondar@hotmail.com>
From: Nathan J. Williams <nathanw@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-mips
Date: 10/10/2003 17:24:37
"anand lalgondar" <anandlalgondar@hotmail.com> writes:

> Is there any reference driver in NetBSD that jumps directly on the
> Graphics mode and supports the Text console on the Graphics mode.

There are many drivers that do text display on a graphics framebuffer
without using any "native" text support. The one I'm most familiar
with is the driver for the DEC TGA card in sys/dev/pci/tga.c. It makes
use of the rasops and wsfont subsystems (in dev/rasops and dev/wsfont)
to draw directly on the framebuffer for a text console, using some of
the card's accelleration abilities.

Other drivers that do similar stuff include:

dev/ic/igsfb.c
dev/pci/machfb.c
dev/sun/fb.c with RASTERCONSOLE enabled
dev/tc/cfb.c