Subject: Re: 69030 Dual HiQVideo Support on MIPS arch
To: None <anandlalgondar@hotmail.com, port-mips@netbsd.org>
From: anand lalgondar <anandlalgondar@hotmail.com>
List: port-mips
Date: 10/10/2003 18:13:46
Hello,

(Related to C&T 69030 HiQVideo on MIPS Target Board)

I have been reading the Linux Framebuffer articles. I have some question
regarding that.

In the article it has mentioned something about "Graphical text console",
and as per my knowledge it is supporting "Text Mode Operations" in the
graphical mode and not pure text mode (Emulation of the text console on a
graphical display - Kernel business).

Is there any reference driver in NetBSD that jumps directly on the Graphics
mode and supports the Text console on the Graphics mode.

I am still not clear how to make my framebuffer driver as the console.
Because in linux there is this file "console.c" which interacts with
"fbcon.c" (Generic Framebuffer Interface) and which in turn interacts with
the chip specific drivers like "amifb.c" atafb.c" etc (all are specific to a
chip). There are some more added functions for the Generic Framebuffer Layer
with file names as "fbcon-*.c".

I tried to look the same in the NetBSD architecture, but couldn't find
enough information.

I have gone through the "asiliant.c" driver written exclusively for 69030
HiQVideo, and would like to port it on the NetBSD architecture to support it
form my MIPS Target Board.

(Download-URL of "asiliant.c":	http://www.visuelle-maschinen.de/ctfb/)

Can someone tell the generic function or the header files realted to the
Framebuffer in NetBSD architecture.

(PS: We were able to get into the video mode by refering the driver
mentioned)

- Anand

Yearning for ol' pals? For ol' school days?
http://www.batchmates.com/msn.asp Here's a surprise!