Subject: Re: gcc-3.3.1 on sgimips (Re: Snapshot 20030927 available)
To: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
From: Christopher SEKIYA <wileyc@rezrov.net>
List: port-mips
Date: 09/28/2003 12:17:38
On Sun, Sep 28, 2003 at 12:11:14PM +1000, matthew green wrote:

> could you please try compiling just eg execve.c with -fno-gcse but
> the rest of libc normally and see how that is?  the idea here is
> to narrow down the code that reproduces the bug to as small as
> possible...

*chuckle* Yeah, I knew what to do -- I just needed to be prodded a bit :)

The specific file that kills getty is gen/execle.c.  execve() seems to be okay,
so I'm guessing that the varargs bit is the culprit.  Am I on the right track?

-- Chris
	GPG key FEB9DE7F (91AF 4534 4529 4BCC 31A5  938E 023E EEFB FEB9 DE7F)