Subject: Re: Instability on recent kernels?
To: Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-mips
Date: 06/02/2003 08:11:56
On Monday, June 2, 2003, at 07:51  AM, Izumi Tsutsui wrote:

> My newsmips kernel (updated yesterday) seems to work fine.
> build.sh on my news5000 is now building in /usr/share/man.
> (src is on NFS and obj is on sd0)

I think obj on NFS is necessary to trip the problem; the faulting
address on my system is within the pager_map address range, and pageout
to FFS vs NFS have definitely behaved differently in the past :-)

> I saw similar lockmgr panic (locking against myself) on debugging
> osiop driver on arc. It was caused by wrong offset of control
> descriptors which corrupted momory.
> (but I'm not sure if if_sq.c has a problem)

It sounds like the problem I am having is different:

	* It seems new -- this did not happen with older kernels
	  (I don't rememebr the exact date of the old one, but the
	  machine was powered off for a couple of months).

	* The lockmgr lossage in my case seems stems from the trap
	  happening when there is apparently no curlwp.  The faulting
	  address is simply not mapped, which is what is causing the
	  uvm_fault path to be taken.