Subject: Re: 64bit FP emulation
To: None <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
From: None <cgd@broadcom.com>
List: port-mips
Date: 11/18/2002 10:44:22
At Mon, 18 Nov 2002 15:13:16 +0000 (UTC), "Jason R Thorpe" wrote:
> I've also included the Broadcom notice that appears on our SiByte CPU
> support code.  We all know that Broadcom is very paranoid about IP :-)

"Thanks, Jason!"  8-)

Actually, there are several licensese that we (Broadcom Broadband
Processor BU, formerly SiByte) have used on public sources recently.

(1) GPL

(2) BSD-ish license that Jason quoted below.  Example on a file (in
    NetBSD) is:

    http://cvsweb.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/syssrc/sys/arch/mips/sibyte/dev/sbmac.c?rev=1.7&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup

(3) BSD-ish license which is also GPL compatible (so it can be
    combined w/ GPL'd software).  Example on a file (in NetBSD) is:

    http://cvsweb.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/syssrc/sys/arch/mips/cfe/cfe_api.c?rev=1.2&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup

Personally, I prefer (and encourage) the latter, since it provides
people slightly more flexibility in terms of the projects in which
they can use the sources.

cgd
--
Chris Demetriou                                            Broadcom Corporation
Principal Design Engineer                     Broadband Processor Business Unit