Subject: Re: port-mips/16154
To: Emmanuel Dreyfus <manu@netbsd.org>
From: Nicolas BOUQUET <bouquet@ipricot.com>
List: port-mips
Date: 10/13/2002 10:46:40
Emmanuel Dreyfus a écrit:

>port-mips/16154 is still open, despite the fact we went through a
>relative in-depth anlysis of the problem. Any mips expert to peek at
>this one?

I've just read PR/16154, and I have some thinking about it:

Firstly I have doubts about the correctness of the way the case is
handled: it seems a little odd to me to restart a faulting instruction,
especially if the fault was explicitly ignored. Shouldn't the kernel
skip that instruction before restarting the process, since the process
itself asked the kernel to ignore the fault ?

As for the problem reported, interrupts are really the key: the kernel
should give soft interrupts a chance to trigger before returning to
userland.