Subject: Re: MIPS 20Kc cache
To: None <cgd@broadcom.com, locore32@gaea.ocn.ne.jp>
From: GIRISH V. GULAWANI <girishvg@yahoo.com>
List: port-mips
Date: 08/20/2002 15:31:24
the first thing occured to me is that the d-cache, is
physically indexd & physically tagged. i-caches are no
different. there is no change is cache opcodes.
however for the flush mechanism software must provide
the virtual address & MMU translates it to the
physical.
now it's my turn to get whacked. malta board with
bonito64 does not work (i am not talking about CPU
detection). the ethernet device seems to have
synchronization or cache handling issues. latter seems
true. 'cause the cache routines are for virtually
indexed caches. enlighten me...