Subject: Re: FPU and signal delivery
To: Emmanuel Dreyfus <manu@netbsd.org>
From: Stephen Ma <stephenm@employees.org>
List: port-mips
Date: 04/12/2002 10:03:40
>>>>> "Emmanuel" == Emmanuel Dreyfus <manu@netbsd.org> writes:

Emmanuel> Hence I should check in linux_sys_sigreturn that MIPS3_SR_SX
Emmanuel> and MIPS3_SR_KX are not set in the saved SR.

Emmanuel> Maybe I need to check interupt mask (to make sure the
Emmanuel> process cannot disable interupts and hence hang the
Emmanuel> machine)?

Emmanuel> Is there anything else I should check? Or should I just
Emmanuel> avoid restoring SR in sigreturn? Is there any information
Emmanuel> the user process could change in SR?

Simply not restoring it is the safest thing to do. I don't think
there's anything in that register that's part of the user context, so
there's no reason to save/restore it (it's not done in the native
signal code).

- S