Subject: FPU and signal delivery
To: None <port-mips@netbsd.org>
From: Emmanuel Dreyfus <manu@netbsd.org>
List: port-mips
Date: 04/12/2002 08:35:09
Hi!

One more question on signal delivery:=20
we use a sc_fpused field in struct sigcontext to remeber if we must call
savefpregs/loadfpregs. Why is this needed? We also save these registers
in struct sigcontext.

I wonder this because when IRIX uses SA_SIGINFO, context is saved in a
struct irix_ucontext, which does not have a fpused field or something
similar. Hence I wonder what to do with savefpregs/loadfpregs.=20

One solution is to add a fpused field at the end of the struct
irix_ucontext. IRIX binaries will not notice it, and I can use it to
keep track of fpused. But before doing this, I'd like to understand what
I'm doing here.

--=20
Emmanuel Dreyfus. =20
Vous avez deplac=E9 la souris.=20
Windows NT doit maintenant redemarrer pour valider les modifications.
manu@netbsd.org