Subject: Re: MIPS Boards for personal use. (in Japan)
To: None <port-mips@netbsd.org>
From: Toru Nishimura <locore32@gaea.ocn.ne.jp>
List: port-mips
Date: 03/30/2002 22:52:59
Girish Gulawani <girishvg@yahoo.com> askedl;

> Recently I started work on NetBSD for MIPS. Out of personal interest I'm
> planning to work at home also. It seems almost impossible to find a MIPS
> board in Japan. Could anybody, from Japan, help me out here? Any help in
> this regard will be greatly appreciated.

Hunt eBay to grab MIPS based Cobalt server.  It's the most cost effective
way to have a dependable platform (It's a MIPSEB).
If you're a hardware geek, L-Board is a nice toy.  I have one
at my desk.  But, oh, um, well, it's a somehow premature product. (and,
I'd rather love to implemnt my own NetBSD on it).

Toru Nishimura/ALKYL Technology