Subject: Re: MIPS cleanup/rototill and support for mips32/mips64
To: Simon Burge <simonb@wasabisystems.com>
From: John Utz <john@utzweb.net>
List: port-mips
Date: 03/05/2002 11:21:47
wow, i need to try this on my vtech helio! (r3912)

what did you use for the toolchain?

my dev box is FreeBSD, and i had tried to build a mips-netbsd cross
compiler for just this purpose about 6-9 months ago, but gcc/binutils
wouldnt build due to numerous stabs related errors.

i sort of imagine that a netbsd-x86 binary dist would work, but i dont
like working from binaries when i am trying to make a completely new thing
work for the first time. it's much nicer to see all the build warnings so
you have ideas of where you should look when things dont turn out
right....

--

John L. Utz III
john@utzweb.net

Idiocy is the Impulse Function in the Convolution of Life