Subject: Re: sgimips64
To: Soren S. Jorvang <soren@wheel.dk>
From: Wayne Knowles <wdk@netbsd.org>
List: port-mips
Date: 01/06/2002 12:22:55
On Sat, 5 Jan 2002, Soren S. Jorvang wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 05, 2002 at 06:40:43PM +0100, Emmanuel Dreyfus wrote:
> > Last question: should I import this sgimips64 thing in the tree?
>
> No, and I don't really think an arch/sgimips64 is necessary. You can
> just use options to build either 32- or 64-bit kernels, like sparc64
> does.
>
> Whether there should be an arch/mips64 or arch/mips/mips64 or whatever
> is a separate issue..

I agree.  To me there will be almost no differences in the sgimips tree,
and a small set of changes in the mips tree.   It would be overkill to add
an arch/mips64 since a lot of the functionality is already in arch/mips.

More than likely we can solve it under arch/mips/mips64 which is the way
the ARM port headed for the arm26/arm32 differences.

--
Wayne Knowles			NetBSD/mipsco port maintainer
wdk@netbsd.org			http://www.netbsd.org