Subject: Need security review
To: None <port-mips@netbsd.org>
From: Emmanuel Dreyfus <manu@netbsd.org>
List: port-mips
Date: 11/20/2001 22:43:04
Hi!

I've committed fixes to Linux signal delivery. It now works, and I will
start working on real life application (it's time to tell me what Linux
app would be cool to run on NetBSD).

In the signal handling code, there are a few things I'm not comfortable
with, and I wouldn't be surprised if my contribution introduced security
problems.

Especially: in linux_sys_sendsig, we copy the registers saved on the
trap frame (in kernel stack, hence) to the user stack. We restore them
from user stack in linux_sys_sigreturn. Isn't it possible for the user
process while executing the signal handler to screw things that are
going to be copied back on kernel stack?

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
manu@netbsd.org