Subject: Re: CVS commit: basesrc/libexec/ld.elf_so
To: Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
From: Rafal Boni <rafal.boni@eDial.com>
List: port-mips
Date: 11/13/2001 09:13:03
In message <200111130806.fAD86k789639@harmony.village.org>, you write:

-> In message <200111110508.fAB58MP08982@mirage.ceres.dti.ne.jp> Izumi Tsutsui
-> writes:
-> : After this change, still old binaries compiled before init/fini changes
-> : dumps core in _rtld_relocate_mips_got().
-> : The attached patch (i.e. partially backing out this change) seems
-> : to fix this problem. Is it correct?
->
-> I've had similar core dumps and a less entensive fix that fixes, for
-> example emacs -nw.  I'll have to see if I can get this working on my
-> MC/R430.  Well, once I get the lcd cable repaired (see port-hpcmips
-> for details)...

I've looked at and tested the patch Izumi Tsutsui sent, and to me it
does seem like the right thing given my previous changes; since those
changes can cause problems, I'd like to fix up the code in the tree
soon.

That said, if you have other/better fixes, please send 'em here; also,
I'm not quite sure what the `emacs -nw' problem is, so please send a
description of that here as well if you have a moment.

--rafal

----
Rafal Boni                                              rafal.boni@eDial.com
 PGP key C7D3024C, print EA49 160D F5E4 C46A 9E91  524E 11E0 7133 C7D3 024C
   Need to get a hold of me?  http://http.eiab.edial.com/800.edial/rafal