Subject: Re: mipseb cross compiler problems on Alpha?
To: Michael Engel <engel@informatik.uni-siegen.de>
From: Antti Kantee <pooka@iki.fi>
List: port-mips
Date: 11/09/2001 23:26:58
On Fri Nov 09 2001 at 21:05:55 +0100, Michael Engel wrote:
> After adapting the cross-compile script the kernel compile
> started fine but reproducably stops with a "virtual memory
> exhausted" error message when cross-compiling
>
> usr/src/sys/lib/libkern/sha1.c
>
> Increasing swap space to 1 GB did not change this behaviour.
>
> Compiling a native Alpha kernel works fine so I suspect there is
> a problem with the mipseb cross toolchain.
>
> Does anyone know a solution to this problem?

I remember having the same problem. Didn't really manage to solve it,
but I noticed that changing the optimization level made it compile
(don't know if it affected how the thing works, though).

--
Antti Kantee <pooka@iki.fi>          v          Of course he runs NetBSD
http://www.iki.fi/pooka/             i            http://www.NetBSD.org/