Subject: Mod against "common" codes -- NetBSD/playstation2
To: None <port-mips@netbsd.org>
From: Toru Nishimura <locore32@gaea.ocn.ne.jp>
List: port-mips
Date: 10/17/2001 10:53:48
> To support R5900 CPU, I want to commit following patch.
> ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/uch/playstation2/playstation2/mips.patch
> Any comments?
>
> R5900 feature (a part of)
> + R4000 like MMU but 32bit mode only.

One point which affects NetBSD/mips in general.  It would be better to
avoid dmtc0/dmfc0 and keep other dXXX arithmetics minimal in order to
make entire code sane and less painfull for MIPS32 processor.  64bit pointer
is hardly justified before NetBSD/mips64.   And MIPS32 can be considered
as a "norm case" keeping other type processor compatiblities in mind.

Tohru Nishimura