Subject: Re: flushing the cache
To: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
From: Emmanuel Dreyfus <manu@netbsd.org>
List: port-mips
Date: 09/15/2001 22:08:28
> netbsd/mips has `flushcache' instructions in libc.  look at how those
> are implemented.

Okay, it takes a struct mips_cacheflush_args which describes the area to
flush. I need to flush the whole cache, is there any drawback to this
fill the structure with this to do it?
cfa.va =3D 0
cfa.nbytes =3D ~0

Additionnaly, I can see in the kernel sources that we have 3 caches:
ICACHE (instruction), DCACHE (data), and BCACHE. What is the last one?
Both caches?

I also see in the sources that we have a MachFlushCache() that seems to
flush everything. It's what Linux does. Is it safe to just do a
MachFlushCache with no arguments to flush everything?

--=20
Emmanuel Dreyfus.
"L'achitecture x86 est impossible =E0 aimer." (John Hennessy)
manu@netbsd.org