Subject: flushing the cache
To: None <>
From: Emmanuel Dreyfus <>
List: port-mips
Date: 09/15/2001 18:47:31
[Linux/Mips emulation]

Linux/Mips seems to have the strange habit of flushing all caches when
it starts a new program. This is done by the libc through the flushcache
system call.

This system call is nicely implemented: it just flushes all the caches.
How do I do this on mips? Will the MIPS_CACHEFLUSH case in
sys/arch/mips/mips/sys_machdep.c:sys_arch() do the job?

There is also a cachectl system call in linux, and I see a MIPS_CACHECTL
case in the same function. Maybe it fits nicely, what is its purpose
Emmanuel Dreyfus.
Ibhf irarm qr creqer ibger grzcf n qrpbqre har fvtangher fnaf vagrerg.