Subject: Re: porting to a idt rc32332
To: None <port-mips@netbsd.org>
From: Toru Nishimura <nisimura@itc.aist-nara.ac.jp>
List: port-mips
Date: 03/01/2001 09:56:19
> There is currently a version of this in the MI mips layer if you look at
> sys/arch/mips/include/locore.h for the mips_locore_jumpvec_t definition.

mips_locore_jumpvec_t was designed less attactively to use, and some
of cache operations apparently are coded incorrectly but I do not want
to fix it fearing to break some of others.

> The MI cache probing need to have some way of setting prefered values
> from the MD layer - several ports (pmax/arc/newsmips) hack the L2 cache
> configuration in the MI layer - with each port doing it a different way!!

In practice L2 cache size can be determined (specificied) in MD way.

(You can fetch the code fragment littered around from my cvs home
directory)

Tohru Nishimura