Subject: Re: my diffs for Magnum
To: Matt Thomas <matt@3am-software.com>
From: Mark Abene <phiber@radicalmedia.com>
List: port-mips
Date: 02/07/2001 17:24:29
On Wed, Feb 07, 2001 at 05:13:38PM -0500, Mark Abene wrote:

> Did that already.  I tcpdumped to see that the nfs share was actually mounted,
> and it was.  I did "ls -lu" on init, and it IS updated.  Breaking to DDB
> shows me being in init!  I just tried running "a:netbsd -s" in ARC, and I
> actually got "Enter pathname of shell or RETURN for sh:" but when I hit
> return, nothing happens.  If I break to DDB at this point, it shows me being
> in "sh"!  What the heck is going on?  Am I forgetting to set something up
> in this nfs root?
>
> -M

Apparently, I only got the "Enter pathname"... prompt once.  It's not happening
again, I've rebooted four times since and only got it once.  Breaking to DDB
and doing "ps" shows that things are running...

root on ziggurat:/home/marduk
~Stopped in pid 1 (init) at      0x802da5c0:     jr      ra
                bdslot: nop
db> ps
 PID             PPID       PGRP        UID S   FLAGS          COMMAND    WAIT
 9                  0          0          0 3 0x20204         aiodoned aiodone
 8                  0          0          0 3 0x20204          ioflush  syncer
 7                  0          0          0 3 0x20204           reaper  reaper
 6                  0          0          0 3 0x20204       pagedaemon pgdaemo
 5                  0          0          0 3 0x20284            nfsio  nfsidl
 4                  0          0          0 3 0x20284            nfsio  nfsidl
 3                  0          0          0 2 0x20204            nfsio
 2                  0          0          0 3 0x20284            nfsio  nfsidl
>1                  0          0          0 7  0x4004             init
 0                 -1          0          0 3 0x20204          swapper schedul
db>

But init seems confused for some reason as to what to do next...

-M