Subject: Re: BSD on Sony
To: None <port-mips@netbsd.org>
From: Gary <gary@spiritwars.com>
List: port-mips
Date: 11/20/2000 16:49:31
On Mon, 20 Nov 2000, Soren S. Jorvang wrote:

> I haven't actually seen one of those, but a short specification
> of it that I have seen suggests that is has an i386 as well as
> the standard PSX2 hardware. Does anyone know if Linux is actually
> running on the R5900 ('Emotion Engine') or just on the i386?

The specs I found list an MMX Pentium 233MHz proc as the "Communication
Processer." Whatever. FWIW, here's the URL that has specs and pictures of
the case featuring the word "tool" in huge letters. I'm sure Beavis &
Butthead must be on their case design team.

http://www.ps2k.net/features_3.shtml

-Gary