Subject: Re: CVS commit: syssrc
To: None <jeffs@geocast.com>
From: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@sibyte.com>
List: port-mips
Date: 10/02/2000 14:54:48
Jeff Smith <jeffs@geocast.com> writes:
> "Chris G. Demetriou" wrote:
>
> > take a look at lib/libc/sys/arch/mips/sys/sbrk.S.  "somebody was let
> > out without adult supervision" on that one, for a few reasons.
>
> Finally got around to catching up on commits...but at least we know
> what's going on.  Doesn't feel worth changing, especially as it would
> be hard to do emulation correctly.  At least we know what is going on.

Well, not clear that it'd be hard -- you'd just need to add a few
#ifdefs on the presence of the compat code in a few places.  (i.e., if
you've got the compat code in the kernel, you pay the price, otherwise
you don't -- testing for its presence would cost more than that the
single store, probably anyway... 8-)

but, anyway, not clear that it's worth it -- and who really knows if
it's the only trouble spot.

chris