Subject: Re: Q: rm400 siemens mips r4000 workstation
To: Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
From: Wayne Knowles <w.knowles@niwa.cri.nz>
List: port-mips
Date: 08/03/2000 18:58:56
On Wed, 2 Aug 2000, Warner Losh wrote:

> In message <18413.965242936@www23.gmx.net> Florian Laws writes:
> : I think it depends on the particular kind of RM400.
> : The rather old one I have at home (made in 1989, R3000 CPU, ISA bus)
> : seems to have an SGI-stylish PROM and runs in bigendian mode,
> : so I guess it isn't an ARC platform, no?
>
> The R3000 based machines will likely be supported by the NetBSD/mipsco
> port.

Sounds like a possible candidate (for the R3000 models).  If you have the
output from the firmware startup sequence (especially if bootmode is set
to m) we might be able to tell if it is a rebadged Mips 3000 Magnum

Wayne
--
  _____	   	Wayne Knowles,  Systems Manager
 / o   \/   	National Institute of Water & Atmospheric Research Ltd