Subject: Magnum kernel on Bull DPX/ProStatiton
To: None <port-mips@netbsd.org>
From: Maki <mk2s@digitalcommute.com>
List: port-mips
Date: 07/28/2000 07:38:22
Wayne,

  First, than you and others for the efforts on the Magnum.  I finally had a chance to test it on my Bull DPX/Prostation M-20 and had a few comments.  My machine BTW is a rebadged Magnum 3000.

  I have 64Mb of ram(4Mx16), but it looks like only 32 were detected.

  I have my floppy disconnected, and I get the floppy Interrupt repeating every time I boot.

  The NVRAM M48T02 in my machine was dead, so I removed it, and the machine didn't boot.  With my dead NVRAM, my ethernet hardware address is set to 00:00:00:00:00:00 and that seems to be a problem with my bootpd.  I ordered a new NVRAM chip, and it should be here next week, but does anyone know how to set the MAC address?  I have RiscOS running on that machine if that helps.  I booted netbsd using sash.

  I'm looking forward to getting the userland stuff.

  Thanks again,