Subject: MIPS RC3330 NetBSD port
To: None <port-mips@netbsd.org>
From: Olivier LAHAYE <lahaye@cybercable.fr>
List: port-mips
Date: 06/28/2000 11:38:12
C'est un message de format MIME en plusieurs parties.

------=_NextPart_000_001B_01BFE0F5.570332E0

    Hello,

I've just seen on the NetBSD port page that a port to these machines is =
underway.

I personnaly own an RC3330 8MB RAM, 630MB HD and mono FrameBuffer.
And I can test some things.
I'm at this moment seqrching for memory modules. 8MB is ridiculousely =
TOO short, but enought to try some boots.

BTW, do you know if it is possible to boot this machine from a CDROM?
I have an Apple CD300 2x SCSI CDROM drive.
I also have an athlon with a CD recorder. So I wonder if I can create a =
boot CDROM instead of a boot tape.
(My tapes are becomming old, and If I do some test, I'd like to ensure =
that in a case of OS destruct, I can reinstall one).
(there are no data except the OS on this machine)

Many thanks for your answer

PS: This machine is very important to my eyes, because it is on this =
type of machine that I have learned unix and C/Motif programming (even =
if today, my programming knowledge is almost lost(I am sysadmin))

------=_NextPart_000_001B_01BFE0F5.570332E0

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Hello,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I've just seen on the NetBSD port page =
that a port=20
to these machines is underway.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I personnaly own an RC3330 8MB RAM, =
630MB HD and=20
mono FrameBuffer.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>And I can test some =
things.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I'm at this moment seqrching for memory =
modules.=20
8MB is ridiculousely TOO short, but enought to try some =
boots.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>BTW, do you know if it is possible to =
boot this=20
machine from a CDROM?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I have an Apple CD300 2x SCSI CDROM=20
drive.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I also have an athlon with a CD =
recorder. So I=20
wonder if I can create a boot CDROM instead of a boot tape.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>(My tapes are becomming old, and If I =
do some test,=20
I'd like to ensure that in a case of OS destruct, I can reinstall=20
one).</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>(there are no data except the OS on =
this=20
machine)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Many thanks for your =
answer</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>PS: This machine is very important to =
my eyes,=20
because it is on this type of machine that I have learned unix and =
C/Motif=20
programming (even if today, my programming knowledge is almost lost(I am =

sysadmin))</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_001B_01BFE0F5.570332E0--