Subject: Re: more on cache ops... What are they actually supposed to do?
To: None <jeffs@geocast.com>
From: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@sibyte.com>
List: port-mips
Date: 06/20/2000 14:23:45
One public comment on this:

Jeff Smith <jeffs@geocast.com> writes:
> I'd assume your real work may not be NetBSD based?  Some
> markets may want a BSD, but lots may want VxWorks and
> the likes, and you talked before about hosting gcc
> on things like Windows I believe.

I change jobs ... well, my SO says "too often."

Anything you've seen from me about mips stuff from more than about 3
months ago was Entirely Different -- for a while i was playing with
NetBSD/hpcmips, and trying to get a build environment there for the
booter, etc.

That had nothing to do with SiByte.  It was just-for-fun work, which I
started poking on because i had a bit of time and happened to have NT
on my desk at work, and access to a clio.  8-)

I will leave it for official SiByte PR-related folks to comment -- or
not -- on support for various platforms, cross-development, etc.  I'm
sure that there'll be an announcement about supported platforms
eventually, but probably not for at least a few months.

chris