Subject: new VR4100 machine(Re: See MIPS Run)
To: Toru Nishimura <nisimura@itc.aist-nara.ac.jp>
From: TAKEMURA Shin <takemura@netbsd.org>
List: port-mips
Date: 04/22/2000 11:27:45
----- Original Message -----
From: "Toru Nishimura" <nisimura@itc.aist-nara.ac.jp>
To: <port-mips@netbsd.org>
Sent: Friday, April 21, 2000 10:09 AM
Subject: Re: See MIPS Run

> It'd be hard to 'remove' original feature without breaking whole picture
> because it's designed simple.   I don't like Vr4100.

I'm sad to hear that...

I think it's inportant for us to support VR well because Windows CE
machines which have VR are still active in the computer market.
It's expected that some vendor are going to throw more new model
into the market from now.

Last week, in Japan, CASIO introduced a new model with VR which
target on young women(!) It's small, light weight and cute :)

http://www.casio.co.jp/productnews/pocket_postpet.html

Sorry, that page is in Japanese. But you can see some pictures.
The page says 3.2" color STN LCD, 4096 colors 320x240 dots,
153x94x35mm, 315g(including battery weight), 8MB RAM,
multimedia card slot.

Takemura