Subject: Re: mips kernel profiling?
To: Michael L. Hitch <mhitch@lightning.msu.montana.edu>
From: Ethan Solomita <ethan@geocast.com>
List: port-mips
Date: 04/20/2000 00:08:01
"Michael L. Hitch" wrote:

>   Ah - your cross compiler needs any local changes NetBSD has made to the
> compiler;  the in-tree version contains the fix in
> src/gnu/dist/egcs/config/mips/mips.h.

	Sorry for my recent flood of emails, I now have understanding: I forgot
that the native compilers are being built from gnusrc/ but the cross
compiler is built from pkgsrc/, which was out of date. I kept looking at
my gnusrc/gnu/dist/gcc/config/mips/mips.h, which was current, and
wondering why things were off. Now I know.

	So, never mind! BTW, for what it's worth, I've gotten the fix to mips.h
into the Cygnus (aka Red Hat) source tree, so for future releases it
won't be a problem. If we move to them, that is.
	-- Ethan