Subject: Re: propose fix Vr4100 page mask lossage
To: None <jeffs@geocast.com>
From: Noriyuki Soda <soda@sra.co.jp>
List: port-mips
Date: 04/18/2000 15:20:54
> So I missed the original bug.  It looks like there is trouble
> with the global bit, what's the real scoop?

Sorry, it was first reported and discussed on
<port-hpcmips-ja@jp.netbsd.org> mailing list, which is written in
Japanese.

There are two problems found on mips3 code in -current.

1. missing global bit.
	fix found/provided initially by Urata-san on PR/9907
	http://www.NetBSD.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=9907

	This bug makes many MIPS3 platforms hang on early boot stage.

2. MIPS_COP_0_TLB_PG_MASK has sometimes wrong value.
	fix found/provided initially by Shinohara-san on port-hpcmips-ja.

	This bug makes Vr4100 platform (currently NetBSD/hpcmips only)
	panic, but doesn't affect R4000/R4400 platforms.
--
soda