Subject: NetBSD/mips64 -- Re: -DSOFTFLOAT && -DNOFPU
To: None <port-mips@netbsd.org>
From: Toru Nishimura <nisimura@itc.aist-nara.ac.jp>
List: port-mips
Date: 04/15/2000 18:08:11
>> You are the best person to do that in the right way.  64bit FP emulation
>> would be great.
>
> OK, I'll do.

It's promising and encouraging to have tons of fresh blood in
NetBSD/mips arena in these days.

> By the way, what's current status of mips64?
> Anyone working on this?

Ah, probably I have to provide comments.  There are many issues to be
consulted and designed.

- compiler model; to take N64 or another (ABI matter).
- 64bit pmap (mips32 pmap.c should be scratch-built at the same time, and
  cache handling divergence is really painful)
- 32bit user processes compatiblity.

But, I think there are few obstracles other than these...  Please feel
free to take oppotunities to speak out from NetBSD/sgimips or
NetBSD/arc sides.

Tohru Nishimura