Subject: Re: Algorithmics SDE-MIPS
To: Toru Nishimura <nisimura@itc.aist-nara.ac.jp>
From: Castor Fu <castor@geocast.com>
List: port-mips
Date: 04/14/2000 18:33:17
> I'm pretty impressed by what Algorithmics Ltd. provides with their product
> "SDE-MIPS" (enhanced GNU toolchain).
>
>       http://www.algor.co.uk/algor/info/sde-benefits.html
>
> Is it possible or worth pursuing to incorporate the free portion of
> their effort into NetBSD?

Last time I looked at this (about 2 years ago), the most interesting
stuff was their assembler/linker (don't remember which), which was
written from scratch and not gpl'd.

Their compiler was based on a fairly old gcc at the time.  My
guess is they didn't manage to merge their stuff in successfully.

I think we'd be better served trying to make sure that our in-tree
tools do not have any changes which haven't been fed forward to
the primary gcc/binutils people.

	-castor