Subject: Nice tech. reference to read
To: None <port-mips@netbsd.org>
From: Toru Nishimura <nisimura@itc.aist-nara.ac.jp>
List: port-mips
Date: 04/01/2000 16:52:06
Last night I found a certain technical documentation is valuable to
read.  It's a highly recommended reading even if it describes about
AXP box.

	PB22H-KB System Module Hardware Reference Information
	ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/dec-docs/ek-a0638-td.pdf.gz

It is for Jensen (DECpc AXP 150, DEC 2000 Model 300).  It was an
genuine EISA PC with 21064 processor.  The doco provides details about
Intel 82350 EISA chipset and VLSI technology's combo (conventional PC
subcomponents in a single) chip.  It's helpful because the doco is
intended for people who have not been (yet) tainted by PeeCee
architecture.

It would be nice for NetBSD/arc too because some of ARC have a set of
82357+82358+82352x2.

For an entaintment value, an article in Digital Technical Journel

           http://www.digital.com/DTJD04/   (pdf is available)

provides enjoyable (intellectually stimulated) time to spend.  It
describe about "how we could manage with ..." The summary of the
article notes, indeed, as;

	Chief among the many lessons learned is that combining Alpha AXP
	microprocessors and industry-standard system components is within the
	abilities of any competent digital design engineer.

I'm wondering why the 'd' of 'digital' is not captalized.

Tohru Nishimura