Subject: Re: whee, it works.. sort of
To: Toru Nishimura <nisimura@itc.aist-nara.ac.jp>
From: Andreas Kotes <count@flatline.de>
List: port-mips
Date: 03/25/2000 18:58:14
Hi!

On Sat, 25 Mar 2000, Toru Nishimura wrote:

> I got dramatical performance differences between /bin/sh and /bin/ksh
> for login shell, yet s-l-o-w-e-r than other ports.  The result also
> endorses that NetBSD/pmax spends too much time for fork/exec sequences.
> This performance issue _must be_ analyzed and fixed.

I'd appreciate that. I've got ~20 shell users on one of my MAXINEs, and
logging in is a pain, but the system performs acceptable when logged in
.. (well, somehow. at least it does what one wants) ..

login shell is usually bash or tcsh (the users demand that).

   Count

--
  -= Andreas Kotes - mailto:count@flatline.de - Questions? Just ask =-
 -= Are you doing what you are able to do to support peace on earth? =-