Subject: Re: bus space
To: Noriyuki Soda <soda@sra.co.jp>
From: Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
List: port-mips
Date: 03/06/2000 13:21:46
In message <200003060828.RAA18243@srapc342.sra.co.jp> Noriyuki Soda writes:
: Since jazz based machines (magnum, pica, RISCstation) have SGMAP
: hardware, and DESKstation needs bounce buffer, it is going to become
: like alpha's bus_dma + i386's.

The Deskstation rPC44 doesn't need a bounce buffer, but does need to
have the cache flushed/invalidated at the correct times.  The
Destation Tyne has a special SRAM area that is the only part of memory
that can do DMA, iirc, and would need to bounced.  I'm not familiar
with the SGMAP hardware, so I don't kn owif this is like the Tyne or
not.  Sadly, I don't have a Tyne to try this on.

Warner