Subject: Re: bus space
To: None <imp@village.org, port-mips@netbsd.org>
From: Noriyuki Soda <soda@sra.co.jp>
List: port-mips
Date: 03/06/2000 16:10:00
> I'm looking at the bus space implementation for arc and for hpcmips.
>
> I'm wondering, do the two really need to be different?  Based on my
> understanding of the hardware, these machines are the same at this
> level.  Are these differences historical?  Or are there differences
> that I'm not taking into consideration.

Arc's implementation is currently just same with OpenBSD's.
And, Hpcmips's implementation is apparently better.

One of differences is that Arc uses wired TLB entries with over 4KB
page sizes. The other difference is that arc uses sparse mapping for
Algor P4032.

Anyway, arc's implementation should be rewritten.
--
soda