Subject: Re: cobalt raq
To: None <port-mips@netbsd.org, nisimura@itc.aist-nara.ac.jp>
From: Toru Nishimura <nisimura@itc.aist-nara.ac.jp>
List: port-mips
Date: 03/03/2000 16:53:51
I noticed the box has a chip from Galieo Technology.  RM5200+GalieoT,
what's a smart choice it is.

Slightly off-focused topics; A company named Fiery (www.fiery.com)
sells a range of networked image processing units.  I happen to know
that EPSON bandles Fiery unit with the company's high-end printer
products.  The imaging unit which our site has R5000 processor.  I
looked at the site today, and to my surprise, the company is producing
a variety of Alpha based products as well as Pentiums.  It may be a
sort of 'abuse' to port NetBSD to them, but surely it'd be a very fun
project.

Tohru Nishimura
Nara Institute of Science and Technology