Subject: Re: cobalt raq
To: Tristan Aston <tris@proteusweb.com>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@netbsd.org>
List: port-mips
Date: 03/01/2000 22:46:56
Tristan Aston wrote:

> ..has anyone experimented with running BSD on a
> cabalt raq ?   ..I have a raq lying idle, and would
> be interested in any news regarding a port...

Are these the cute little "appliance boxes" that Linux runs on?  If so,
and source is available (which it should be for Linux due to the GPL,
yada, yada, ...) then a BSD port shouldn't be too difficult, but I'm not
aware of anyone working on it at the moment.

Is the Linux equivalent of "dmesg" to show what devices are configured
available?  That should give a _very_ rough indication of the amount of
work needed to start a NetBSD port.

Simon.