Subject: Re: k0/k1 register while mulhi/mullo manipulation
To: None <port-mips@netbsd.org, port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Michael L. Hitch <mhitch@lightning.msu.montana.edu>
List: port-mips
Date: 02/23/2000 14:30:41
On Wed, 23 Feb 2000, Jason Thorpe wrote:

> I guess... tho debugging crash dumps might be a bit more difficult that
> way (e.g. backtrace code would have to know different trapframe sizes).

  How does gdb currently 'know' the stack frame sizes?  If it grovels the
instruction list looking for the SP adjustments, it will use the framesize
that the kernel was compiled with.  Does gdb currently do backtraces with
kernel dumps?  Seems like when I tried it a few days ago, I couldn't do a
backtrace.  [I thought I had been able to do that before, but I can't be
sure now.]

--
Michael L. Hitch			mhitch@montana.edu
Computer Consultant