Subject: Re: CPU specific idle routine
To: None <port-mips@netbsd.org, nisimura@itc.aist-nara.ac.jp>
From: Toru Nishimura <nisimura@itc.aist-nara.ac.jp>
List: port-mips
Date: 01/17/2000 11:38:26
>> I recommend you to invent 'cpusw[]' or some to encapsulate any CPU
>> implmenetation specific functional differences, and to select proper
>> one at the begining of kernel execution.
>
> We have alredy 'mips_locore_jumpvec'. I will use it and post new
> patch later.

I also suggest to dump 'locore_jumpvec' away.  Make distictions
between processor dependent functionality (and parameters), target
hardware circuit specifics and particular kernel implemenation
dependent stuffs.  locore_jumpvec is a kitchen sink approach mixing
all of them.  This would end up with major surgery on arch/mips/, but
given situations of large diversity of MIPS processors it'd be
unavoidable anyway.

Tohru Nishimura