Subject: Re: status of the mips/sgi port
To: Alexander Beyn <alexbeyn@yahoo.com>
From: Soren S. Jorvang <soren@wheel.dk>
List: port-mips
Date: 12/28/1999 16:42:03
On Thu, Dec 23, 1999 at 11:09:09AM -0800, Alexander Beyn wrote:
> I've just noticed that there is a port of netbsd planned for the SGI
> MIPS machines. I'd really like to stick it on this Indy I have on my
> desk. Hey, gotta learn something besides Linux :). So what I'm
> wondering is how far along is the mips/sgi port? Specifically, does it
> have an X server yet, and are there precompiled binaries available?
> Since this Indy is on my desk at work, I probably wont have much time
> for development, but I sure can test.

I made an early start at a port some time ago, but I have not made
much progress lately.

In any case, a working X server is a looong way off :-)

If you just want to see your Indy print 'NetBSD', there's a
somewhat outdated ramdisk kernel at
ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/soren/netbsd-indy-ramdisk.gz .

--
Soren