Subject: MIPS Magnum Port
To: None <port-mips@netbsd.org>
From: Robert M. Dailey <prophet@defraz.org>
List: port-mips
Date: 12/25/1999 13:04:58

------=_NextPart_000_000B_01BF4ED8.A543A700

Hello, my name is Robert Dailey.  I recently came into posession of a =
MIPS ARCsystems Magnum 4000PC-50, and have yet come to find any
documentation on it at all, well, untill I just saw it on =
http://www.netbsd.org  Anyhow, I am far from a programmer of any sorts, =
I can barely handle "Hello, world!" in C and PERL, but I am willing to =
help all I can.  As I have metioned, I have the machine, with 10 gigs of =
SCSI storage and 256 megs of memory, and a 3COM509B-TPC 10mbit ethernet =
card.  I have the ability to have it co-located at a farily large ISP in =
the Pittsburgh, Pa. area.  I would be more than happy to help test the =
software,
and one of my friends is also learning MIPS architecture programming at =
the University of Pittsburgh, so he can be of some help.  Also, as I =
mentioned before, I have no documentation on this machine.  I can't even =
get it booted up.  There is some kinda red LED on the motherboard that =
flashes numbers and letters at me, which I do not understand.  If you =
have any information on these codes, it would be great, right now I am =
getting a "9" when I power on the machine.
    Thank you for your time, and I hope I can help be a part of this =
porting.  I am an Openbsd and Freebsd admin, as well as an MCSE, so I am =
not a complete newbie.  Let me know whats up.

/*
 Robert M. Dailey
  Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer
 215.954.0473 [pager]
  1.800.245.1305#100 [voicemail]
*/

------=_NextPart_000_000B_01BF4ED8.A543A700

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hello, my name is Robert Dailey.&nbsp; =
I recently=20
came into posession of a MIPS ARCsystems Magnum 4000PC-50, and have yet =
come to=20
find any<BR>documentation on it at all, well, untill I just saw it on <A =

href=3D"http://www.netbsd.org">http://www.netbsd.org</A>&nbsp; Anyhow, I =
am far=20
from a programmer of any sorts, I can barely handle "Hello, world!" in C =
and=20
PERL, but I am willing to help all I can.&nbsp; As I have metioned, I =
have the=20
machine, with 10 gigs of SCSI storage and 256 megs of memory, and a =
3COM509B-TPC=20
10mbit ethernet card.&nbsp; I have the ability to have it co-located at =
a farily=20
large ISP in the Pittsburgh, Pa. area.&nbsp; I would be more than happy =
to help=20
test the software,<BR>and one of my friends is also learning MIPS =
architecture=20
programming at the University of Pittsburgh, so he can be of some =
help.&nbsp;=20
Also, as I mentioned before, I have no documentation on this =
machine.&nbsp; I=20
can't even get it booted up.&nbsp; There is some kinda red LED on the=20
motherboard that flashes numbers and letters at me, which I do not=20
understand.&nbsp; If you have any information on these codes, it would =
be great,=20
right now I am getting a "9" when I power on the =
machine.<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
Thank you for your time, and I hope I can help be a part of this =
porting.&nbsp;=20
I am an Openbsd and Freebsd admin, as well as an MCSE, so I am not a =
complete=20
newbie.&nbsp; Let me know whats up.<BR><BR>/*<BR>&nbsp;Robert M.=20
Dailey<BR>&nbsp; Microsoft Certified Systems =
Engineer<BR>&nbsp;215.954.0473=20
[pager]<BR>&nbsp; 1.800.245.1305#100=20
[voicemail]<BR>*/<BR></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_000B_01BF4ED8.A543A700--