Subject: endian neutralness
To: None <port-mips@netbsd.org>
From: Toru Nishimura <nisimura@itc.aist-nara.ac.jp>
List: port-mips
Date: 04/05/1999 10:23:09
Hi.

Chris Rupnik <chrisr@geeknet.montreal.qc.ca> wrote;

> Would NetBSD would with both endiansess, and thus make my video-cardless
> PC-50 useful?

Having endian-neutral kernel codes is not hard task.

> The only pre-requisite for the ARC version (little endian) is the
> absolute necessesity of the video card. That little card costs quite a
> bundle, and has limited support. However, the big endian version supports
> booting from a serial console.

Do you have any access to 'RISC/OS prom'?  My PC-50 is also
videocard-less.  It's too bad that the MIPS Co. board have no 'flush
ROM' capability unlike other desktops in that age.
<
Tohru Nishimura
Information Technology Centre
Nara Institute of Science and Technology