Subject: sc_fpregs: 64-bits for 64-bit mode?
To: Castor Fu <castor@geocast.net>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: port-mips
Date: 02/06/1999 19:47:36
[This is primarily to Castor, but any other opinions welcomed]

Hi,

I'd really, really like it if the `64-bit clean' sigcontext was
usable, unchanged, for an `n32' ABI. That'd mean that the sc_fpregs
have to allocate enough space for 64-bit registers.
The obvious thing is to declare them as mips_reg_t rather than int.

Could we do that? It shoudln't impact the netbsd tree, since AFAIK
nobody has acutally used the 64-bit-clean stuff yet.

It does mean anyone using the 64-bit-clean world would have to
recompile code that used OFFSETOF_SC_MASK, or that allocates jmp_bufs
or struct sigcontexts.  How painful would that be?