Subject: re: NetBSD/mips64 possibility
To: Toru Nishimura <nisimura@itc.aist-nara.ac.jp>
From: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
List: port-mips
Date: 01/21/1999 17:27:30

   Just out of curiousity, how many persons in this list do have r4000
   DECstation, and much how interested in LP64 version of NetBSD/pmax?
   It would archieve complete LP32 binary compatibility and utilize 64bit
   power of modern MIPS processor technology.  Please post any reply to
   'port-mips@netbsd.org'.

i'd *love* a 64bit port for my shortly-arriving /260 board.

note:  you may be able to use my compat/sparc32 code to get the
binary compatibility required.  perhaps you can find a way to make
it (sparc32 compat) share with the mips32 compat, even, as i imagine
that *most* of the code will be the same (though i imagine that
some bits are different, due to different changes in foo_t sizes
between sparc/sparc64 and mips/mips64).

.mrg.