Subject: Re: -current kernel dies on mips3 (before main()?)
To: Michael L. Hitch <mhitch@lightning.oscs.montana.edu>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: port-mips
Date: 03/21/1998 22:10:04
Michael's fix sounds fine.  I was thinking maybe the locore vectors
werent' set up, but of course they are.  I guess maybe proc90 setup
should be a locore call-back point or a cpuswitch entry?

>I'm also running with those pages explicitly zeroed out like it was
>previously.  I haven't been able to determine if that's necessary or
>not.

The bzeroing can't hurt, but I dont understand why it's necessary.

I also consed up an empty pmap_deactivate(). What's that supposed to
do on a mips? Or should I be turning on PMAP_NEW or UVM (or both?)