Subject: Re: -current kernel dies on mips3 (before main()?)
To: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
From: Michael L. Hitch <mhitch@lightning.oscs.montana.edu>
List: port-mips
Date: 03/21/1998 22:48:56
On Mar 21,  9:40pm, Jonathan Stone wrote:

> >Erg... can you just commit this, Michael?
>
> It should really be a mips3_SetPID(). I'l commit a clean fix as soon
> as the machine finishes rebooting.

  The first fix I tried was adding a mips2_SetPID(1) inside the if
statement.  I then removed that and moved the SetPID(1) that was
being called after the proc0 and nullproc setup to before the setup.
It gets called for either mips1 or mips3 in that case, so mips3_SetPID()
wouldn't work/

  I'm also running with those pages explicitly zeroed out like it
was previously.  I haven't been able to determine if that's necessary
or not.

--
Michael L. Hitch			mhitch@montana.edu
Computer Consultant