Subject: README: new crash dump format
To: None <port-mips@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-mips
Date: 02/19/1998 15:48:25
Hi folks...

I have converted the NetBSD/mips ports to the new libkvm and new crash dump
format, lifting some code from NetBSD/alpha.  I've also made crash dumps
work under NetBSD/pmax.  On the NEWS port, they should Just Work because
the NEWS port uses the machine-independent SCSI subsystem.

When you rebuild after your next SUP, you will be building libkvm, shared
lib version 5.0.  THIS IS A MAJOR NUMBER BUMP!  You will need to rebuild
all libkvm using programs if you want them to work on crash dumps (but
since crash dumps never actually worked before, this is more of a footnote
than a "HEY, LISTEN UP!" :-)

If you encounter any problems, please send a bug report w/ send-pr(1).

Thanks!