Subject: Re: need identification of R3000 board.
To: Ignatios Souvatzis <ignatios@cs.uni-bonn.de>
From: mike smith <miff@spam.frisbee.net.au>
List: port-mips
Date: 04/07/1997 21:43:32
Ignatios Souvatzis wrote:
>    I don't recognise the board per se. (sorry), but if you can describe
>    the memory connectors (pins or sockets?  how many pins?) a little
>    better we might be able to help.  With that many of them, they
>    may well be "standard" 30-pin SIP/SIM modules.
>
> Err, I might have been too vague about this. Yes, they are supposed to
> be 30-pin SIPP... was there only one sort of them?

In terms of pinout, I believe so.  You'll probably want 80 or
100ns parts, and probably with parity.  Finding that sort of
memory part these days might be a bit difficult.  Depending on
the spacing, you may be able to use SIMMs in skinny sockets
plugged into the SIP sockets.  A bit revolting though.

> No, it looks like this (view from component side).

Hmm, can't say I have the faintest idea what it might have
come out of; best of luck tracking down details!

--
Mike Smith  *BSD hack  Unix hardware collector
The question "why are the fundamental laws of nature mathematical"