Subject: Bi-endian NetBSD/mips
To: None <port-mips@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Toru Nishimura <nisimura@itc.aist-nara.ac.jp>
List: port-mips
Date: 03/23/1997 19:35:17
Hi, all.

After browsing port-mips mail-list archive, I've noticed there was once
MIPS bi-endianness arguments.

I would like to point out the fact 4.4BSD (-late) had big-endian R3000
port.  It was SONY NWS3200 done by my-ex colleague.  During his
involvement he told me that there is so little endian dependent issues
in his port.  locore.S itself has some weirdness but it's easy to have
endian neutral.  There seems no need to touch other parts written in C
including pmap.c (!)

Although there is little possibility to have big-endian NetBSD/mips
in near future, it's surely wise to make NetBSD/mips endian neutral.

Tohru Nishimura
Nara Institute of Science and Technology