Re: My Power Mac G5 cannot even enter Open Firmware console

Hello,

On Mon, 6 Nov 2023 13:37:54 +0900
Rin Okuyama <rokuyama.rk%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:

> I tried:
>
> (a) Keep unplugged AC cable over a night.
> (b) Push SMU reset button with and without power on.
> (c) "Command + Option + P + R" from USB keyboard
> ---> only single bell
> (d) "Command + Option + O + F" from USB keyboard
> ---> cannot enter Open Firmware console
>
> But nothing works.
>
> Does anyone have idea to fix this?

Sounds like OF gets stuck somewhere before setting up USB.
Supposedly you can reset OF and such by powering up and holding the
power button until the chime sounds a 2nd time ( as in, what
cmd-opt-p-r is supposed to do )

fingers crossed
Michael